These are the musings of one who has reached her three score and ten (70) and who always yearned to travel, but somehow, life got in the way.
Contrary to the old adage that life begins at forty - it doesn’t, life begins whenever you want it to, and for me that was when I recognised that there’s still a big world out there, and I had to make the effort to see it.
Maura is back from the Far East - Mount Fuji in Japan, The Philippines, North Korea, China, Taiwan and VietnamL
Next up is a family visit to NE England, hopefully a trip to Lebanon and Syria, and then Christmas in London with my daughter and her family and my son and his fiancée. After that? I’m still deciding!
- My story of Mount Fuji
- Climbing Slieve Martin and Cloughmore Stone
- Jinopyikaku Honten – a traditional Japanese ryokan or guest house.
- Park Hotel, Tokyo
- Cu Chi Tunnels, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
- Keeping healthy when travelling
- Best hotel in the Middle East?
- Places To Walk in Cornwall
- Afghanistan – outside the capital.
- Kelly’s Courtyard Hotel, Beijing